- Develops, implements, and maintains Quality Assurance and Sanitation systems and programs to assure the highest possible quality standards in all incoming raw materials, outgoing finished products and the company manufacturing environments. Meets requirement of external auditors and governmental agencies. Key liaison to customers (both internal and external) and regulators with respect to food safety, specifications and regulatory compliance, quality systems, HACCP and continuous improvement programs. Manages AIB and SQF audits
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Accountabilities = the WHAT. The specific outcomes or results that an experienced person in this job is expected to contribute to the goals and performance of XXXXX. Include financial/budget accountabilities that the individual has direct or indirect impact on. Responsibilities = the HOW. The specific duties that an experienced person in this job is expected to perform in the achievement of their accountabilities)
- Ensures compliance with food safety and quality programs.
- Audits processes and procedures to certify its relevancy
- Creates food safety awareness
- Ensures products meet customer specifications to meet customer service levels